Firefighters called to chimney blaze

PUBLISHED: 08:43 11 January 2010 | UPDATED: 11:32 25 May 2010

A BLAZE broke out in a chimney in North Somerset last night (Sun).

A BLAZE broke out in a chimney in North Somerset last night (Sun).

Firefighters from Yatton were called to Ropers Lane in Wrington at 5.14pm to extinguish the flames.

An Avon Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "People must ensure they have their chimneys swept out regularly as a build up of soot and debris can cause fires to break out.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury