Three people evacuated after fire in Congresbury
PUBLISHED: 09:48 19 September 2019 | UPDATED: 10:59 19 September 2019
Three people were evacuated after a workshop caught fire in Congresbury in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident in Bristol Road at 2.41am and crews from Yatton, Winscombe and Southmead attended.
Crews used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the blaze which had taken hold of a private workshop near the A370.
Firefighters also removed four cylinders from the property for cooling and remained on the scene throughout the morning to turn over and damp down any hot spots.
The incident is now being scaled down but motorists and pedestrians are urged to take care as crews are still at the scene and the hose is close to the road.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.