Three people evacuated after fire in Congresbury
- Credit: Archant
Three people were evacuated after a workshop caught fire in Congresbury in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident in Bristol Road at 2.41am and crews from Yatton, Winscombe and Southmead attended.
Crews used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the blaze which had taken hold of a private workshop near the A370.
Firefighters also removed four cylinders from the property for cooling and remained on the scene throughout the morning to turn over and damp down any hot spots.
The incident is now being scaled down but motorists and pedestrians are urged to take care as crews are still at the scene and the hose is close to the road.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend