Three people evacuated after fire in Congresbury
- Credit: Archant
Three people were evacuated after a workshop caught fire in Congresbury in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident in Bristol Road at 2.41am and crews from Yatton, Winscombe and Southmead attended.
Crews used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the blaze which had taken hold of a private workshop near the A370.
Firefighters also removed four cylinders from the property for cooling and remained on the scene throughout the morning to turn over and damp down any hot spots.
The incident is now being scaled down but motorists and pedestrians are urged to take care as crews are still at the scene and the hose is close to the road.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism