Crews fight massive heath fire
- Credit: Archant
Four fire engines were called out to tackle a huge fire on heathland last night (Wednesday).
Crews from Cheddar, Winscombe, Burnham-on-Sea and Bridgwater attended the blaze in Coombe Lane, Compton Bishop, at 7.50pm.
Firefighters found it difficult to access the affected area and crews requested assistance from an additional pumping vehicle from Wells and an off-road vehicle from Ilminster.
Firefightes used eight beaters to battle the blaze which had broken out in an area of gorse.
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service aand Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service worked together to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters remained at the scene afterwards to make sure the area was safe.
The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'