Crews fight massive heath fire
- Credit: Archant
Four fire engines were called out to tackle a huge fire on heathland last night (Wednesday).
Crews from Cheddar, Winscombe, Burnham-on-Sea and Bridgwater attended the blaze in Coombe Lane, Compton Bishop, at 7.50pm.
Firefighters found it difficult to access the affected area and crews requested assistance from an additional pumping vehicle from Wells and an off-road vehicle from Ilminster.
Firefightes used eight beaters to battle the blaze which had broken out in an area of gorse.
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service aand Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service worked together to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters remained at the scene afterwards to make sure the area was safe.
The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer