Crews tackle chimney fire in Brent Knoll
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Brent Knoll last night (Wednesday).
One fire engine from Burnham attended the incident in Bristol Road at 9.30pm.
On arrival, crews found the chimney was alight and they believed it had broken through the chimney breast and into the property.
A second fire engine was called out to help with the blaze.
The fire had breached the chimney breast in the upstairs bedroom of the property.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service used tools to cut away boarding and panelling to expose the damaged property and to ensure the fire was out.
The blaze was extinguished using one hose reel jet, a safety jet, masks, two thermal imaging cameras and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the home of smoke.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
The room sustained 30 per cent smoke damage and the area where the fire occurred was completely damaged by fire.