Crews tackle chimney fire in Brent Knoll
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Brent Knoll last night (Wednesday).
One fire engine from Burnham attended the incident in Bristol Road at 9.30pm.
On arrival, crews found the chimney was alight and they believed it had broken through the chimney breast and into the property.
A second fire engine was called out to help with the blaze.
The fire had breached the chimney breast in the upstairs bedroom of the property.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service used tools to cut away boarding and panelling to expose the damaged property and to ensure the fire was out.
The blaze was extinguished using one hose reel jet, a safety jet, masks, two thermal imaging cameras and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the home of smoke.
- 1 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 2 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 3 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 4 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 8 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
The room sustained 30 per cent smoke damage and the area where the fire occurred was completely damaged by fire.