Crews tackle chimney fire in Brent Knoll
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Brent Knoll last night (Wednesday).
One fire engine from Burnham attended the incident in Bristol Road at 9.30pm.
On arrival, crews found the chimney was alight and they believed it had broken through the chimney breast and into the property.
A second fire engine was called out to help with the blaze.
The fire had breached the chimney breast in the upstairs bedroom of the property.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service used tools to cut away boarding and panelling to expose the damaged property and to ensure the fire was out.
The blaze was extinguished using one hose reel jet, a safety jet, masks, two thermal imaging cameras and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the home of smoke.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
The room sustained 30 per cent smoke damage and the area where the fire occurred was completely damaged by fire.