Charity firewalk postponed after bad weather
- Credit: Archant
A charity firewalk has been rescheduled after being postponed due to bad weather.
The walk was expected to raise cash for the Bone Cancer Research Trust in memory of 11-year-old Mary Collard.
It had to be put off after strong winds were scheduled to hit Weston around the time of the event.
The show will go on, however, with the organisers, Amanda Hunter and Paul Evans rearranging the event for April 12.
It was originally due to take place on March 15.
You may also want to watch:
People can still register their interest to walk across hot coals at Hutton Football Club, in Spring Wood Gardens, at 6pm.
Amanda said: “We would like to raise awareness of bone cancer and money to fund crucial research to prevent anymore families going through the devastation of losing a loved one.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 8 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 9 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 10 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
“Mary is at the heart of every event we do and she is the reason we do them, always remembering her.”