Charity firewalk postponed after bad weather
- Credit: Archant
A charity firewalk has been rescheduled after being postponed due to bad weather.
The walk was expected to raise cash for the Bone Cancer Research Trust in memory of 11-year-old Mary Collard.
It had to be put off after strong winds were scheduled to hit Weston around the time of the event.
The show will go on, however, with the organisers, Amanda Hunter and Paul Evans rearranging the event for April 12.
It was originally due to take place on March 15.
You may also want to watch:
People can still register their interest to walk across hot coals at Hutton Football Club, in Spring Wood Gardens, at 6pm.
Amanda said: “We would like to raise awareness of bone cancer and money to fund crucial research to prevent anymore families going through the devastation of losing a loved one.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
“Mary is at the heart of every event we do and she is the reason we do them, always remembering her.”