Join firewalk in memory of 11-year-old Mary Collard
- Credit: Archant
Fancy trying to handle the heat and walk over hot coals to raise money in memory of an 11-year-old girl?
People are being invited to take part in a firewalk to raise money for the Bone Cancer Research Trust in memory of Mary Collard.
Amanda Hunter, aged 41, and Paul Evans, aged 42, will host the challenge at Hutton Football Club, in Spring Wood Gardens, on March 15 at 6pm.
Amanda, who will be running the London Marathon for the charity in April, said: “We would like to raise awareness of bone cancer and money to fund crucial research to prevent anymore families going through the devastation of losing a loved one.
“Mary is at the heart of every event we do and she is the reason we do them, always remembering her.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be music, fire-breathers, a bar and food stalls and the pair hope to raise as much money as possible for the trust. There are 70 places for the firewalk and the organisers are asking for a minimum fundraising sum of £50.
Amanda and Paul have also confirmed sponsorship from the Grand Pier, Audi and CombiCare so 100 per cent of the funds raised will go to the Bone Cancer Research Trust.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
Search Remembering Mary on Facebook to donate.