Firework display will be booming success
ORGANISERS of a Somerset firework display are hoping the event will be a booming success after receiving a generous donation. Cheddar Vale Lions Club has been sponsored £1,000 by Cheddar Garden Centre to go towards the cost of fireworks.
ORGANISERS of a Somerset firework display are hoping the event will be a booming success after receiving a generous donation.
Cheddar Vale Lions Club has been sponsored £1,000 by Cheddar Garden Centre to go towards the cost of fireworks.
Lion member Pam Holmes said: "The fireworks usually cost around £2,500 so this donation will really help towards the cost.
"It is crucial we raise enough money for the firework display because everyone in the village loves to come along and we have a really fun night."
You may also want to watch:
As well as the usual food and fireworks, the Lion's will also be holding a 'best-dressed guy' competition.
The fireworks display will be held at Sharpham Road Playing Fields on November 3. Gates open at 6.30pm and the firework display starts at 7pm. Tickets, priced £10 for a family, £3 for adults and £2 for children, are available from Deanes and Woodbury Insurance in Bath Street. Tickets will be more expensive if bought on the gate.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
* Tell us what bonfire events you are planning by logging on to www.thewestonmercury.co.uk, emailing us at email@example.com or calling 01934 422500.