Firework display will be booming success
ORGANISERS of a Somerset firework display are hoping the event will be a booming success after receiving a generous donation. Cheddar Vale Lions Club has been sponsored £1,000 by Cheddar Garden Centre to go towards the cost of fireworks.
ORGANISERS of a Somerset firework display are hoping the event will be a booming success after receiving a generous donation.
Cheddar Vale Lions Club has been sponsored £1,000 by Cheddar Garden Centre to go towards the cost of fireworks.
Lion member Pam Holmes said: "The fireworks usually cost around £2,500 so this donation will really help towards the cost.
"It is crucial we raise enough money for the firework display because everyone in the village loves to come along and we have a really fun night."
You may also want to watch:
As well as the usual food and fireworks, the Lion's will also be holding a 'best-dressed guy' competition.
The fireworks display will be held at Sharpham Road Playing Fields on November 3. Gates open at 6.30pm and the firework display starts at 7pm. Tickets, priced £10 for a family, £3 for adults and £2 for children, are available from Deanes and Woodbury Insurance in Bath Street. Tickets will be more expensive if bought on the gate.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
* Tell us what bonfire events you are planning by logging on to www.thewestonmercury.co.uk, emailing us at email@example.com or calling 01934 422500.