First bus cut amount of number three buses
AN ELDERLY resident is furious that First Bus has cut the amount of number three buses stopping on the Bournville estate. Peter McArdle, aged 68, who lives in Grasmere Drive, feels as though the bus company is treating residents like second class citiz
AN ELDERLY resident is furious that First Bus has cut the amount of number three buses stopping on the Bournville estate.
Peter McArdle, aged 68, who lives in Grasmere Drive, feels as though the bus company is treating residents like second class citizens and giving other areas of the town a better service.
Mr McArdle said: "I want First Bus to see the error of its decision to reduce the number three bus.
"We now have much longer to wait, I think we deserve a better service than what we have at the moment."
You may also want to watch:
Mr McArdle says that other residents of the Bournville estate feel the same as him.
A First Bus spokesperson said: "Changes were made to service three back in July to enable it to run on time as it was regularly being delayed by a general build up of traffic in the area.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 6 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
"First Bus decided to reduce the frequency from every 15 minutes to every 30 minutes in order to provide a reliable service to all our customers.
"We apologise to passengers who feel they have been inconvenienced in any way by the change but we have had to address the issue of increased congestion and the impact this has on our services.