First makes changes to bus routes in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
Changes to two bus routes in Weston-super-Mare will come into force at the end of next week.
First West of England has announced changes to its 3 and 7 services.
This service runs from Worle to Searle Crescent. The planned changes will mean it will no longer serve the loop operated around St Georges. The Avenue, Jubilee Way and Pastures Avenue will no longer be served.
A First spokesman said there was ‘low customer demand’ for that section of the route. The service will still run every 20 minutes on the rest of the route.
You may also want to watch:
This service runs from Worle to Oldmixon. The planned changes mean it will now run every 10 minutes between 9am and 4pm, instead of every 12 minutes. The change is to meet customer demand and provide capacity for the rising number of Weston College students.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
The changes will come into effect on November 27.