Get Active directory for fitness in North Somerset
- Credit: Matt Smart
The cold has set in but there is no excuse to not get active this winter with an online directory of community activities for people in North Somerset.
North Somerset Council has teamed up with physical activity providers to give all the information in one online directory named Get Active.
It offers a host of activities for all levels of ability, ages and interests ranging from bowls and yoga to badminton and dance.
Catherine Devonshire, from North Somerset Council, said: "The online directory is a fantastic place to start if you're thinking about getting more active and healthier this January.
"We want to see the local community get active and involved with the wide range of physical activities on offer in North Somerset."
You may also want to watch:
All Get Active in North Somerset information is available online, with leaflets distributed to libraries, leisure centres and GP surgeries.
To download a copy and activity information, log on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/activedirectory
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 3 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 4 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 5 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 9 Two shops opening for first time next week
- 10 Attempted theft at Weston charity shop