Five arrested after attempted burglaries in Weston and Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Five people have been arrested following attempted burglaries at shops in Weston-super-Mare and Burnham-on-Sea.
Just before 1am on Sunday, police were alerted to an alarm sounding at the Post Office in Manor Court, Locking.
A witness had seen a small black car and a light-coloured van drive away.
Officers confirmed an attempt had been made to break into the shop.
At 1.22am, witnesses reported a small black car being driven into the front of a shop in Berrow Road in Burnham.
You may also want to watch:
Nothing was stolen, but a light-coloured van was also reported to be at the scene.
The National Police Air Service helicopter supported officers and after a police chase, a silver Ford minibus was stopped in St James Street, in Weston, at about 2.20am and three people were arrested.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 3 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 4 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 7 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
A black Citroen C3 was found abandoned in Brean and two more arrests were made nearby.
Two men aged 31 and 27, two 16-year-old boys and a boy aged 17 were all arrested in connection with the attempted burglaries.
Officers are carrying out house-to-house and CCTV enquiries today.
Anyone who saw the incident or has dashcam or CCTV footage which could help the investigation, is asked to call 101 and quote reference 5220201968.