Five awards for Weston drama groups production of Cats
- Credit: Dylan Cheasley Photography
A Weston drama society has been celebrated for its performance of Cats.
The Weston Operatic Society scooped up five awards at the David Beach Awards evening earlier this month.
The local amateur group, which will be celebrating its 110th anniversary this year, was praised for the remarkable retelling of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cats: The Musical.
The famous West End musical is based on T S Eliot’s Old Possum’s Book Of Practical Cats.
The show was staged at Weston’s Playhouse Theatre, in High Street, in October last year.
You may also want to watch:
The performance received accolades for Best Creative Lighting, Best Chorus and Best Show.
Ashley Brown also scooped the Best Cameo Award for Old Deuteronomy, and the show’s fantastic choreographer, Adam Ludwell, won the award for Best Choreography.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'
The group’s next show, Hot Mikado, will be based on The Mikado by W S Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
It will be at The Playhouse from April 24-27.
Tickets, priced £17.50, are available from www.theplayhouse.co.uk