Five awards for Weston drama groups production of Cats
- Credit: Dylan Cheasley Photography
A Weston drama society has been celebrated for its performance of Cats.
The Weston Operatic Society scooped up five awards at the David Beach Awards evening earlier this month.
The local amateur group, which will be celebrating its 110th anniversary this year, was praised for the remarkable retelling of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cats: The Musical.
The famous West End musical is based on T S Eliot’s Old Possum’s Book Of Practical Cats.
The show was staged at Weston’s Playhouse Theatre, in High Street, in October last year.
You may also want to watch:
The performance received accolades for Best Creative Lighting, Best Chorus and Best Show.
Ashley Brown also scooped the Best Cameo Award for Old Deuteronomy, and the show’s fantastic choreographer, Adam Ludwell, won the award for Best Choreography.
- 1 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 2 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 3 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 4 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 8 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 9 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
The group’s next show, Hot Mikado, will be based on The Mikado by W S Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
It will be at The Playhouse from April 24-27.
Tickets, priced £17.50, are available from www.theplayhouse.co.uk