Five awards for Weston drama groups production of Cats
- Credit: Dylan Cheasley Photography
A Weston drama society has been celebrated for its performance of Cats.
The Weston Operatic Society scooped up five awards at the David Beach Awards evening earlier this month.
The local amateur group, which will be celebrating its 110th anniversary this year, was praised for the remarkable retelling of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cats: The Musical.
The famous West End musical is based on T S Eliot’s Old Possum’s Book Of Practical Cats.
The show was staged at Weston’s Playhouse Theatre, in High Street, in October last year.
You may also want to watch:
The performance received accolades for Best Creative Lighting, Best Chorus and Best Show.
Ashley Brown also scooped the Best Cameo Award for Old Deuteronomy, and the show’s fantastic choreographer, Adam Ludwell, won the award for Best Choreography.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
The group’s next show, Hot Mikado, will be based on The Mikado by W S Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
It will be at The Playhouse from April 24-27.
Tickets, priced £17.50, are available from www.theplayhouse.co.uk