Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 27 April 2018
Many charitable events are taking place in and around Weston this weekend, and here is our round-up of some of the good causes you could support.
– A bingo night to raise money for the Bone Cancer Research Trust will take place at the Worlebury Golf Club, in Monks Hill. The event, which is taking place on Friday, will run from 7-10pm and will raise money in Mary Collard’s memory.
Email email@example.com to book a place.
– Science and engineering workshops, exhibitions and shows will be at the Tropicana, in Marine Parade, on Friday and Saturday.
The event will be open to school and college students on the Friday and to the public on Saturday. It will run from 10am-4pm on both days.
– Head down to a spring fair which will have local producers and suppliers in abundance at Worlebury Primary School, in Woodspring Avenue, Worlebury.
The event, which will be hosted by the residents’ association, will be held on Saturday at 10am.
– When you have picked up some delicious fresh food, head over to St John’s Church, in Lower Church Road, to scoop up a bargain at a jumble sale.
The event starts at 10am on Saturday and entry costs 20p, with all money raised going towards the church.
– Weston Football Club will face Hemel Hempstead this Saturday on home turf in Winterstoke Road.
The team had a confident season so far – standing 11th on the table – but this match may prove difficult with the away team currently four places above Weston.
Kick-off will be at 3pm and tickets, priced £5, are available on the gate.