Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:15 01 September 2017
Fireworks, live music and jumble sales will take Weston-super-Mare by storm this weekend. Here are our suggestions for five things to do in Weston and the surrounding villages this weekend.
– Start your weekend by heading down to Hutton Horticultural Society’s annual show on Saturday.
The event will see locals submit their best flowers, fruits and vegetables for judging.
At 2pm the doors will open for people to view the winning pieces and enjoy refreshments.
It will be held at St Mary’s Field, in Hutton’s Moor Lane, and will include a raffle, tombola, children’s sports and a bouncy castle. Entry is free.
– Once you are finished there, support Weston Football Club when they face off against Havant and Waterlooville at their home ground in Winterstoke Road.
Kick off is at 3pm on Saturday and tickets, priced £3-20, are available on the gate.
– As the day draws to a close, take a walk down to the Grand Pier for its Fireworks At Sea event.
The fantastic display will start at 9pm, on Saturday, and can be watched from along the seafront or on the Grand Pier.
Tickets onto the pier, priced £7.50-25, are available from www.grandpier.co.uk
– Step back in time to the 1960s with a theme night at Hutton’s St Mary’s Field in Moor Lane.
The Saturday night event promises to get you in the groove with music from the peace, love and flower power decade.
It will begin at 8pm and tickets, priced £12, are available from available from the Post Office or from Hutton Parish Council on 01934 813871,
– Weston Brass Orchestra will perform during a proms concert at Hutton’s St Mary’s Field, in Moor Lane, on Sunday.
The evening will start at 7.30pm and promises to be an evening you will never forget.
If you are out and about this weekend, upload your pictures to www.iwitness24.co.uk and they could appear in the paper.