Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 01 June 2018
Get active in Weston this weekend in the name of charity where a number of family-friendly events are taking place.
– Go for a walk around Weston’s Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, to raise money for people less fortunate.
Families and individuals are challenged to walk around the landmark as may times as they can from 1-4pm on Saturday.
It costs £5 per adult and £10 per family and all proceeds will go towards the town’s fundraising efforts for a new homeless shelter.
Entry to the pier will be free for those taking part.
– A bike ride for families will take start from the Big Worle Hub, in Clovelly Road in Worle, on Saturday.
Riders aged 10-16 can go along, but must be accompanied by an adult. To book a place, email email@example.com or call on 01934 708119.
– Enjoy the sunshine and head over to Clarence Park, in Walliscote Road, for a party on Saturday.
The event, which is being organised by St Paul’s Church, will feature live music, a delicious hog roast and some fun inflatables.
The event will run from 4-10pm so why not head down after a day at the beach and spend some quality time with your loved ones.
Wristbands, priced £2-3, are available on the gates.
– After a long day out with the family or friends, it is time for the women take a load off and enjoy a ladies evening at Kewstoke village hall, in Crookes Lane, on Saturday evening.
The event will raise money for Weston Hospicecare from 7-9.30pm through beauty treatments, holistic therapies and a bar. To book a treatment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07583 910015.
– Grab those walking boots and join the Weston Mercury team as they take on the Mendip Challenge in aid of Weston Hospicecare.
You can hike 10, 20 or 30 miles across West Mendip Way on Sunday and take in the beautiful sights of Somerset.
You can register at the day at the hospice’s headquarters in Thornbury Road, Uphill.