Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 09:00 21 October 2016
It is starting to get cold outside but there are still plenty of things to see and do in Weston this weekend.
You can enjoy a firework display on the Grand Pier or take part in a race night for charity.
Here are five things to do in Weston this weekend.
– The Worle Lions Club is hosting a musical-themed disco on Friday night.
Guests are invited to the cricket club, in Devonshire Road, from 7.30pm until midnight to enjoy an evening of music and entertainment.
Fancy dress is optional. Tickets, priced £10, are available from Margaret on 01934 414028.
– St Saviour’s Church hall, in Locking Road, will host a shopping bazaar on Saturday.
The event will run from 11am to 1pm and will feature a variety of bric-a-brac, homemade food and tombola stalls.
– The pier in Marine Parade is holding a fireworks at sea display on Saturday.
The fireworks will start at 6.30pm and the best views will be from the pier itself.
Tickets, priced £12.50-7.50, are available from the pier gift shop or online at www.grandpier.co.uk
– Guests can enjoy a German-themed evening, complete with oompah band and supper, on Saturday at the Working Men’s Club, in Orchard Street.
The event will begin at 7.30pm and will raise money for SSAFA – the Armed Forces charity – the Birnbeck Regeneration Trust and the Axe District Scouts.
Tickets, priced £10, are available from Rose on 07597 807008 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
– A race night in aid of Weston Hospicecare will be held at the Windsor Castle pub, in Upper Bristol Road on Sunday.
The event will start at 6.30pm. For details, contact Sue Harding on 01934 423926.