Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 09:00 28 October 2016
Winter is coming but there are still plenty of events taking place.
Try your hand at circus skills or attend a dinner for the RNLI.
Here are five things to do in Weston and the surrounding area this weekend.
1. The Weston Operatic Society is performing a rendition of Monty Python’s Spamalot at The Playhouse, in High Street, from today (Wednesday) to Saturday.
Performances will take place every evening at 7.30pm with a 2.30pm matinee performance on Saturday.
Tickets, priced £16-17.50, are available from 01934 645544 or online via www.theplayhouse.co.uk
2. Weston Football Club, in Winterstoke Road, is hosting a 1960s night in aid of Weston Hospicecare on Friday from 8-11.30pm. Book a ticket, priced £10, on 01934 522511.
3. An autumn sale of books, bric-a-brac and cakes will be held by groups connected to the Armed Forces.
The Royal British Legion, sea and army cadets will be at the Boulevard United Reformed Church, in Waterloo Street, at 10am on Saturday.
4. The Weston BID has organised for youngsters to experience the circus.
An interactive skills workshop will be running from noon to 4pm at Big Lamp Corner on Saturday.
Children will have a chance to experience juggling, a diablo, plate-spinning and stilt-walking.
5. A dinner and disco is taking place at the Royal Hotel in South Parade to raise money for the RNLI on Saturday.
The event will start with a cocktail party at 7pm before food and entertainment from the Barnacle Buoys.
Tickets, priced £25, are available from the lifeboat station in Knightstone Road or by calling 07979 504473.