Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 10:00 22 December 2016
Dozens of brave souls will take a dip in the cold waters of Marine Lake on Christmas Day, but that is not the only fun-filled event happening in Weston this weekend.
There are a number of exciting festive events taking place around Weston this weekend.
– An acoustic night with Ryan Inglis will take place at Back Bar, in High Street tonight (Thursday).
The event will begin at 8pm and will be raising money for Every Child Needs Christmas, which gives presents to underprivileged children in North Somerset.
– A seniors’ tea party will take place at St Paul’s Church, in Walliscote Road, on tomorrow (Friday).
It will run from 2.30-4.30pm and people will be able to enjoy a cup of tea and choose from a selection of cakes and sandwiches.
– A nativity service will take place at Christ Church, in Montpelier, at 4pm on Christmas Eve.
The traditional tale about the birth of Jesus Christ will be re-enacted in the church.
The service will be followed by a midnight communion at 11.30pm.
– The Lipinski brothers will host a Christmas carol concert at Loves Café in West Street on Christmas Eve.
The gig will be raising money for Comfort At Christmas and will run from 3-6pm.
– The RNLI’s Christmas day swim will be taking place again this year.
People will once again brave the chilly waters in Weston’s Marine Lake.
Anyone intrested in joining in should meet up outside the Cove Café and Restaurant, in Birnbeck Road, at 10am.
If you are out and about in Weston this weekend then upload your pictures to weston.iwitness24.co.uk