Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 09:00 06 January 2017
It is 2017 which means it is time to make a New Year’s resolution, pack away the Christmas decorations and prepare for the new year, and possibly even a new you.
Here are five things to do in Weston and the surrounding area this weekend.
– A new film will be released at Weston’s Odeon, in The Centre, on Friday.
The Silence follows two priests who travel from Portugal to Japan in search of their missing mentor.
For more information about the film and for full show times visit www.odeon.co.uk
– Victoria Methodist Church, in Station Road, will hold a coffee morning on Friday.
Tea, coffee and cakes will be served from 9.45-11.45am.
– Hornets Rugby Football Club’s first team will face off against Camborne at home on Saturday.
Kick off will be at 2.15pm at the team’s home ground in Hutton Moor Road.
Entry is £5 and there will be refreshments to purchase from the clubhouse.
– The Worle Lions Club will host a quiz night at the Windsor Castle, in Upper Bristol Road, Milton, on Sunday at 7.30pm.
It is open for teams of six, and costs £2.50 per person, which includes food.
For more details, contact Gill on 07748 490031.
– If you are short of something to do why not wrap up warm and take a stroll along Weston seafront. There is no shortage of things to do and see around Weston in January.
Pick up a fish and chip lunch or wander down to the Grand Pier and try your hand at some of the arcade games on offer or visit the SeaQuarium and admire the tropical fish on display.