Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 12:00 13 January 2017
Brush up on your general knowledge at a charity quiz or watch the latest blockbuster film at the Odeon this weekend.
Here are five things to do in Weston this weekend:
– There are three films coming out on Friday for you to enjoy at the Odeon, in The Centre.
Kate Beckinsale and Theo James will star in the next installment of Underworld: Blood Wars as vampires out for revenge.
Ben Affleck will play a prodigal son turned gangster in Live By Night.
An uncle (Matt Damon) must care for his orphaned nephew in Manchester By The Sea.
For full show times, visit www.odeon.co.uk
– Victoria Methodist Church in Station Road will hold a coffee morning from 9.45-11.45am on Friday.
– The U3A will enjoy a talk by Mike Richardson on Friday.
His talk on caving in the Mendips will take place at the Boulevard United Reformed Church hall in Waterloo Street, and will begin at 2.15pm. Entry costs £1.50, and will include a tea or coffee.
– A quiz with a fish and chip supper will take place at the 49 Club, in Baker Street, at 7pm on Saturday.
Tickets, priced £10, are available from Rose on 07597 807008 or by emailing email@example.com and all proceeds will go to the Birnbeck Regeneration Trust.
– Weston 2nds Rugby Club will be playing on Saturday at home against Old Redcliffians 2nds.
Kick off will be at 2.15pm at the club’s ground, in Drove Road.
Hornets 2nds will also be at home against St Bernadettes Old Boys on Saturday.
The match will kick off at 2.30pm at Hornets’ ground, in Hutton Moor Road.