Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 13:00 23 June 2017
Watch an acrobatic act with a difference at the Grand Pier or take a short walk into Uphill with your friends and family to the village's duck race weekend. Here are five things to do in Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding area this weekend.
– The UK Pleasure Boys Heroes and Villains Tour will be at the Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, on Friday.
Watch as the boys transform into your favourite comic book heroes and take on the biggest, baddest villains of all time.
The acrobatic and stunt show will start at 8.30pm with doors opening at 7pm.
Tickets, priced £13.50-21.50, are available from 01214 774918 or via www.grandpier.co.uk
– A walk to increase awareness of mental health and suicide prevention will take place at 10am on Saturday.
The route starts and finishes on the Beach Lawns.
Tickets, priced £10, are available on www.eventbrite.co.uk by searching for Walking Out Of Darkness Weston-super-Mare.
– Stalls and games will be on offer at a school and village fete at Uphill Primary School, in Old Church Road, from noon to 4pm on Saturday.
There will also be an arena where young people from the local schools and clubs will put on a variety of different performances for visitors.
– The annual Uphill Village duck race will start at the Old Church Road bridge at 11am on Sunday.
Organisers are hoping to raise a record amount of money for Children’s Hospice South West.
Once the duck race is over, the village society will hold its sandcastle competition on Uphill Beach, adjacent to Weston Bay Yacht Club, at 12.30pm.
– A summer fete will be held at Milton’s Our Lady of Lourdes Church, in Baytree Road, from noon to 4pm on Saturday.
There will be stalls, games for children, lunches, cakes and refreshments on sale.
If you are out and about this weekend, snap a photo and upload it to weston.iwitness24.co.uk and you could see your picture in the paper.