Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 15:30 30 June 2017
While it may look like the recent sunshine and warm weather is over for the time being, people in Weston-super-Mare are not letting it dampen their spirits. Here are five things to do in the area this weekend.
– There will be a cider festival on the Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, on Saturday and Sunday. The event will start at noon each day and there will be live music and food.
There will also be a hoedown dance night held at the pier at 8pm on the same day.
Tickets, priced £22.50, are available from 01934 646155 or online from www.grandpier.co.uk
– A skittles night at the 49 Club, in Baker Street, will raise money for the Birnbeck Regeneration Trust and its efforts to preserve the derelict pier in Birnbeck Road.
It will be held at 7.30pm on Saturday. Tickets, priced £7, are available from Rose on 07597 807008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Disney movie classics will be performed by the community choir at Priory Community School, in Queensway, Worle, on Saturday at 7pm.
Tickets, priced £3-6, are available from the hospicecare shop in High Street or on 01934 622542.
– A classic car show will take place in Grove Park, at the end of High Street, on Sunday.
There are expected to be more than 30 cars filling the park.
It will run from 10am-4.30pm, with performances in the bandstand from 2.30-4.30pm.
– Weston Hospicecare will open the gardens at its Jackson-Barstow House base in Thornbury Road, Uphill, on Sunday.
The event runs from 2-4pm, and offers cream teas, stalls and a children’s miniature garden competition.
If you are out and about this weekend, upload your photos to weston.iwitness24.co.uk
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.