Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 18:00 28 July 2017
It is going to be busy in Weston-super-Mare this weekend as the town's lions club hosts its annual real ale and cider festival.
Here are five things to do in Weston this weekend.
– Try the best of Somerset’s boozy produce at the Weston Lions Club Real Ale and Cider Festival this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The marquee, on the Beach Lawns, will be open from 11am each day and there will be more than 30 beers, ciders and lagers to choose from.
There will be live music in the evenings and entry is free all day on Sunday and until 5pm on Friday and Saturday, but then a charge of £3 per person will apply.
– If you want to continue your night then join in with a charity dance in aid of North Somerset People First, which will be held at the Grand Atlantic Hotel in Beach Road.
The event will take place on Friday and will run from 8-11pm.
Tickets, priced £6, are available from email@example.com or call 01934 426086.
– Another big event taking place this weekend is Weston Pride.
A parade will begin at Knightstone Island at 11am on Saturday.
Then head down to Grove Park for a party from noon until 6pm which will include entertainment, stalls, food and live music.
– After you have shown your support for Weston Pride, why not take part in a charity quiz night.
The event on Saturday will include a fish and chip supper and will raise money for the Birnbeck Regeneration Trust.
The quiz will start at 7.30pm and will be held upstairs at the 49 Club, in Baker Street.
To order a supper, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07597 807008.
– There will be jazz on the lawn in the marquee on the Beach Lawns on Sunday.
It will begin at noon and will be free entry.
If you are out and about this weekend, upload your pictures to www.iwitness24.co.uk and they could appear in the paper.