Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare
PUBLISHED: 17:30 13 October 2017
Hundreds of motorbikes will tear up Weston-super-Mare's beach this weekend during the annual beach race.
– The HydroGarden Beach Race will take place from Friday to Sunday.
Motorcyclists will take on the gruelling course on the beach, off Marine Parade.
Races will start at 10.30am on Saturday and 9.30am on Sunday.
For a timetable and ticket details, visit www.rhlactivities.com
– The Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, will host a dinner with New Zealand rugby legend Sean Fitzpatrick on Saturday.
He will lead a Q&A at 6pm. Tickets, priced £49, are available at www.grandpier.co.uk
– Radio Wing, the former chapel in Locking Parklands’ McRae Road, will host a Flowerdown Concert on Saturday.
The event will begin at 2.30pm for an afternoon of family fun with stalls, military displays, music and an exhibition commemorating the former RAF base.
At 7pm, the RAFA Band will play a concert in aid of St Augustine’s Church tower appeal.
Call 01934 822050 for ticket information.
– A race night organised by Weston Friends of Children’s Hospice South West will be held at Ashcombe Bowls Club, in Milton Road, on Saturday at 7pm.
Tickets are £5 and include a light supper. To book call 01934 249352.
– Weston Football Club will take on Welling United at their home ground in Winterstoke Road on Saturday.
The match will start at 3pm with the home team striving for victory against the tough opposition.
Tickets, priced £6-20, are available on the gate or from www.westonsmareafc.co.uk/ticket-info
Did you take any photos this weekend? Upload them to www.iwitness24.co.uk and they could appear in the paper.