Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:30 03 November 2017
Fireworks will light up the sky this weekend and people can get into the festive spirit down at the Tropicana. Here are five things to do in Weston this weekend.
– The hotly-anticipated Icescape will open at the Tropicana, in Marine Parade, on Friday.
X Factor and Dancing On Ice star Ray Quinn will be getting the winter festivities underway when he performs for the crowd.
The opening will start at 6pm and entry is £3 to those who do not already have a skating ticket for the night.
The winter wonderland will feature a Santa’s Grotto, igloo bar and a snow slide as well as the UK’s largest ice rink – with a capacity of 500 skaters.
The event will run seven days a week from 10am-10pm until January 7.
– Feature in your own version of Cluedo at the Grand Pier’s murder mystery night on Friday.
Sit down to a three-course meal before working out who the killer is.
The event will start at 7pm and tickets, priced £34.50, are available from the Grand Pier’s website.
– Put your knowledge to the test at the Worle Lions Club’s quiz night at Milton’s Windsor Castle, in Upper Bristol Road.
This Sunday night event will help solve those end-of-the-weekend blues.
Teams of up to six are allowed and the quiz will begin at 8pm.
Entry is £2.50 per person and includes light refreshments.
– Here in Weston there will be a number of firework displays to celebrate bonfire night.
This weekend’s biggest events will be held at Weston Cricket Club, in Devonshire Road, on Saturday and at Weston Rugby Club, in Sunnyside Road, and Hornets Rugby Club, in Hutton Moor Road on Sunday.
– A celebration of the bicentennial birth of Baha’u’llah will be held at Victoria Methodist Church, in Station Road, on Saturday.
The event will run from 4-6pm. For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take any photos at this weekend’s events? Upload them to www.iwitness24.co.uk and they could be in the paper.