Things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 18:00 10 November 2017
Illuminated floats will light up Weston-super-Mare tonight (Friday) during carnival before the fallen are remembered on Armistice Day. Here are five things to do in town this weekend:
– Huge illuminated floats will fill the streets tonight as Carnival comes to town.
More than 140 illuminated floats, marching bands, fancy dress walkers and entertainers will feature on the town centre route from 7.15pm.
There will also be some coin floats which will help raise money for a number of worthy local charities.
– It is November which means it is time to get into the festive spirit at Emmanuel Church, in Oxford Street, when it holds a Christmas from 10.30am-2pm tomorrow (Saturday).
– Trinity Singers will perform alongside Churchill Academy’s Chamber Choir at All Saints’ Church, in All Saints Road, on Saturday.
Music will start at 7pm and tickets, priced £5.50-8.50, are on sale at www.positickets.co.uk
– If you did not get your fix of fireworks on bonfire night then head down to the Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, for its display.
The show will start at 6.30pm and you can either watch it from the seafront for free or on the pier itself.
Tickets for the pier, priced £7.50-25, are available from www.grandpier.co.uk
– This weekend, Weston and its surrounding villages will remember the soldiers who died in World War One.
There will be a two-minute silence in Weston’s High Street at 11am on Saturday before the main service on Sunday.
The Remembrance Sunday Parade will take place at 10.25am on Sunday. It will start in the High Street and finish at the memorial in Grove Park.
The service will be held in Grove Park shortly after where there will be a two-minute silence and a wreath laying ceremony followed by hymns and poems.
BONUS: We are treating you this weekend with another event.
A nearly-new market for parents will be held at Haywood Village Academy, in Whitney Crescent, on Saturday.
The event will run from 2-4pm and there will be a number of top branded items on sale at a discounted price.
A perfect place to bargain hunt if you have a young one on the way or in need of some new bits and pieces for your toddler.