Five things to do in and around Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 02 February 2018
There is plenty you can do this weekend from walking trails around the town to sports matches.
* Brush up on your general knowledge and pull your best heads together for a fun quiz in aid of Worle Lions Club.
It will be held at the Windsor Castle Pub, in Upper Bristol Road, on Sunday at 7.30pm.
Entry is 2.50 per person and includes light refreshments. There is a maximum of six people in a team.
* Weston Rugby Club’s first team are at home this weekend against Cleve.
Kick-off is at 2.30pm at the club’s home ground in Sunnyside Road on Saturday.
If you are a Hornets supporter then you can watch the second team take on Imperial at 2.30pm at their ground in Hutton Moor Road.
* Take a trip to one of Weston’s two cinemas this weekend and watch the latest blockbuster hit.
The Early Man is now on the silver screen, brought to audiences from the makers of Wallace And Gromit and Chicken Run.
For action-lovers, the next and final instalment of popular Maze Runner trilogy follows Thomas (Dylan O’Brien) as he tries to save his friends.
The shows are at both the Odeon, in The Centre, or at the new Cineworld development.
Visit www.odeon.co.uk or www.cineworld.co.uk for a full list of times and prices.
* Tour the town’s local landmarks this weekend either on your own or with the family.
With the help of North Somerset Council’s new Crumbs app you can take part in a treasure hunt trail around the town and answer fun questions on Weston’s history.
The trail takes around 90 minutes to complete and can be downloaded for free from the Android and Apple app stores.
* Dig in to some delicious vegan treats at Loves Café, in West Street.
The Music Pantry is running a brunch club on Sunday from 11am-2pm.
Why not take a camera on your weekend adventures and snap some shots of Weston? You can upload your photos to www.iwitness24.co.uk and they could be used in the paper.