Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 09 February 2018
(c) copyright citizenside.com
Investigate a murder or try out some of Weston's best local produce this weekend.
* There has been a Murder On The Pier and it is down to the guests to work out who the guilty party is.
This Cluedo-like evening has a musical twist as theatrical agent, Cosmo Lanchester, hosts a grand birthday ball for his beloved wife with entertainers which are dying to perform.
The event will be held at the town’s Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, at 7pm on Friday.
The evening will include a three-course meal as well as welcome drinks.
Buy tickets, priced £34.50, at www.grandpier.co.uk
* Pick up some bargains at the monthly farmers’ market in Weston’s High Street on Saturday.
Browse through the great variety of local produce and seek culinary inspiration from stall holders from 9am-1pm.
* Need a break from the markets? Head over to the Blakehay Theatre in Wadham Street for a coffee morning and exhibition by children’s group Engage Art called Arctic Wonders on Saturday.
It will run from 10am until noon and include a chance for youngsters to join in with a drawing challenge.
The event is being run to help raise money for new stage equipment.
* A firework display will light up the sky above the Grand Pier on Saturday.
Watch the fireworks from the seafront or on the pier and enjoy unlimited rides and fish and chips.
Doors will open at 6.30pm with a 7.30pm start.
Tickets, priced £7.50-25, are available from www.grandpier.co.uk
* Couples can help get a head start in their wedding planning at a fair at the Royal Hotel, in South Parade, on Sunday.
The event will see caterers, photographers, designers and planners come together to help soon-to-be newlyweds plan their perfect day.
The event will run from noon until 4pm.
If you are out and about this weekend then why not snap some photos and upload them to www.iwitness24.co.uk