Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 18:00 30 March 2018
The circus has come to town as the Weston Sand Sculpture Festival makes its grand return.
It is also Easter time and a mischievous bunny has been out and about hiding letters around the town for Weston Business Improvement District’s (BID) trail.
– Roll up, roll up and see the magnificent sand sculpture festival, in Marine Parade, open its doors today (Friday).
Tightrope walkers, trapeze artists, fire breathers and, of course, clowns will be moulded out of sand for this year’s theme, circus. Tickets cost £3-4, with family tickets available, and the event will be open daily from 10am to 6pm.
– An Easter fun day and craft fair will take place at the Big Worle Hub, in Clovelly Road in Worle, tomorrow (Saturday) from noon to 4pm.
Get into the Easter mood with a barbecue and bonnet contest.
– A fundraising event for Anna Edgell, who has terminal cancer, will take place at The Borough Arms, in Locking Road, on Saturday at 5pm.
A barbecue, raffle and live entertainment will entertain the crowds in a bid to raise as much money for Anna’s treatment as possible.
Her family hope to raise £20,000 to fund her treatment over in Australia.
Anna – who is originally from Weston – emigrated down under to be a midwife but when she returned home at Christmas, discovered she had stage four breast cancer.
Admission is free.
– A pageant of transport will take place on the Beach Lawns from Saturday to Sunday.
All classes and club stands are welcome. No booking is necessary and entry is free.
– Take part in Weston BID’s Easter Egg Trail this weekend.
From today (Friday) until Monday you and your family are invited to complete a walking trail around Weston’s town centre.
You must find five letters and crack the code to win an Easter surprise from the Fancy Dress & Party Shop in Meadow Street.
Visit www.westonbid.co.uk to download your treasure map and set off to cash in your prize.
If you get out and about in Weston this weekend, you can upload your photos to www.iwitness24.co.uk