Five things to do this weekend: Prosecco festival
PUBLISHED: 17:00 11 May 2018
From mind-blowing circus tricks to adorable pups, there are plenty of things to see and enjoy in Weston.
– The circus is in town this weekend and be prepared to gasp in awe at some death-defying stunts and mind-boggling tricks.
The Circus Zyair will be at the Beach Lawns tomorrow (Thursday) and on Friday.
The show will feature crazy circus tricks and music. It will start at 7.30pm on Thursday and the Friday performance will begin at 5pm.
The organisers promise a ‘magical’ experience for the whole family with an ‘electric atmosphere’.
– Get your dogs groomed and ready for Weston Rotary Club’s dog day. The event is all about celebrating your furry friend with 14 classes to enter as well as stalls and games set up on the Beach Lawns.
The dog day will run from 9am-4pm on Saturday and costs £2 for adults. Youngsters go free.
– Pick up a bargain and support a local sea cadet unit this weekend.
The Weston Sea Cadets unit is hosting a jumble sale at its headquarters in Sunnyside Road on Saturday at 10.30am.
Refreshments are available and entry is 20p.
– Pop the cork on a bottle of fizz on the Grand Pier this weekend. The Weston attraction, in Marine Parade, will hold its first Prosecco Festival on Saturday.
There will be fun for all adults with prosecco pong, cocktail making classes and a ‘pimp your prosecco’ bar to add a unique twist to your glass of bubbly.
The event will run from noon to 6pm and costs £12 in advance from www.grandpier.co.uk or alternatively £15 on the gate.
The pier will operate a token system for the drinks on the day.
– Grab your walking shoes and join in with the Stroke Association’s fundraising walk.
Enjoy the sunshine and get active on Sunday and join the charity on a walk from Clarence Park, in Walliscote Road.
People are asked to meet in the park from 2pm.
If you are out this weekend, snap a picture and upload it to www.iwitness24.co.uk and it could appear in the paper or online.