It is royal wedding weekend – here are five things to get up to
PUBLISHED: 17:00 18 May 2018 | UPDATED: 17:33 18 May 2018
Weston is likely to have royal wedding fever this weekend, with people toasting a glass to the royal couple.
– An artist who sought inspiration from the wacky and wonderful Coney Island will showcase his paintings at the Old Town Quarry, in South Road.
David Cuthbert’s work, which will be on display from Friday to June 7, will look at the New York attraction during its peak time and when everything is closed.
The exhibition is open Wednesday to Sundays from 10.30am-4.30pm.
– Paul Howe will host the Big Variety Show on Friday at the Grand Pier, in Marine Parade.
The event will raise money for Ataxia UK in support of Paul’s niece who suffers with the neurological disease.
There will be music, magic, comedy and more at the show, which will start at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £15, can be bought from 01934 646155.
– Prince Harry will be marrying actress Meghan Markle on Saturday and people around the world will be celebrating.
The Grand Pier, in Marine Parade, is no different and will host a wedding party from 10am-5pm. The event is free to attend and treats, including Pimm’s, prosecco and strawberries and ice cream, will be served.
– An evening of music from the award-winning choir Vocalise will be held at the Boulevard United Reformed Church, in the Boulevard, on Saturday.
It will be joined by the North Somerset ensemble Bold Brass, Octettes, Simply Six and the Treblemakers.
The event, which will also celebrate the royal wedding, will start at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced £7.50, are available from choir members or Anne Clewlow on 01934 627709. They cost £8 on the door.
– Loves Café, in West Street, is hosting a Musicians Against Homeless event on Sunday.
Alex Lipinski is headlining The Royal Bedding Gig with his full band. Weeds and Thieves will be supporting the musician on the night.
Doors open at 6.30pm. Tickets, priced £5, can be bought from www.lovesweston.co.uk/tickets