Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 25 May 2018
Live music will fill venues across Weston this weekend giving people the chance to listen to some well-known hits.
Weston will be alive with music this weekend with something for everyone. Hear the songs of The Beatles go head-to-head with The Rolling Stones or listen to The Orphans while enjoying a cold glass of beer or cider.
– A ladies’ pamper and shopping evening, in aid of the Birnbeck Regeneration Trust, will be held at The Royal Hotel, in South Parade, on Friday.
It starts at 7.30pm and features Foxy the drag queen and butlers in the buff.
Tickets, priced £6-7 including a glass of prosecco, are available on the door, from Rose on 07597 807008 or by emailing fundraising@birnbeck regenerationtrust.org.uk
– The cricket club is holding a beer and cider festival on Saturday and Sunday.
Entry is free to the Devonshire Road ground on Saturday, where there will be family activities.
On Sunday, Weston will play the Lashings All Stars team, followed by a live performance by The Orphans.
Entry on Sunday is £5. The event runs from 11am-11pm both days.
– A saxophone quartet will perform at All Saints’ Church in All Saints Road on Saturday.
Dave James’ band will play everything from Gabrieli to Gershwin from noon.
Tickets, priced £8, include a glass of wine and a light lunch and can be bought on the day.
– Car fanatics should make sure to stop by Weston’s Grove Park this weekend.
There will be a classic and vintage car show on Sunday at 10am.
– Hits from The Beatles and The Rolling Stones will be played at the Winter Gardens Pavilion, in Royal Parade, on Sunday.
Alex and Adam Lipinski will pit the two bands’ best tracks against each other from 7.30pm to midnight.
Tickets, priced £9.50-12.50, are available from www.buytickets.at/thereaperbar/137048
If you are out and about this weekend, snap some pictures and upload them to www.iwitness24.co.uk and they could appear in the paper or online.