Five things to do this weekend in Weston-super-Mare
PUBLISHED: 17:00 22 June 2018
(c) copyright newzulu.com
Weston’s skies will be filled with magnificent displays while the Beach Lawns will be taken over by stalls this weekend.
– Weston will look to the skies on Saturday and Sunday as the likes of the world-famous Red Arrows and RAF Typhoon will deliver rip-roaring performances along the coast.
If that was not enough, the Armed Forces village will be back on the Beach Lawns, in Marine Parade, on both days with stalls, refreshments and an arena which will be packed full of displays and demonstrations.
The weekend will start with a parade from the Grand Pier down to the arena on Saturday at noon with HM Band of Royal Marines Plymouth.
Air displays will start at 1pm each day and the village will be open from 10am on Saturday and Sunday.
A full schedule can be found online tomorrow morning (Saturday).
– If planes are not your thing then head over to Grove Park, in High Street, for a classic car show.
It is free to visit and will be held from 10am each day on Saturday and Sunday.
– A fish and chip supper will be held in aid of Birnbeck Regeneration Trust at 7.30pm on Saturday at the Workingmen’s Club, in Oxford Street. Tickets, priced £10, are available from Rose on 07597 807008.
– A social dance with host Mark Helmore will be held at The Winter Gardens, in Royal Parade, at 1.45pm on Sunday.
– If you fancy something a bit different then take a trip to one of Weston’s two cinemas – the Odeon or Cineworld – for the latest film.
For a full times and ticket prices visit either www.odeon.co.uk or www.cineworld.co.uk