Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 28 September 2018
Support a charity this weekend with a quiz night or fish and chip anniversary supper or alternatively enjoy some live folk music at Loves Café.
– Across Weston and in the surrounding villages, people will be baking and serving sweet dishes and tea and coffee to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The annual Macmillan coffee morning day is on Friday and the Happy Days Nursery & Preschool, in Whirlwind Road, will be following the tradition with an event from 2-4pm.
– Weston General Hospital’s Sunshine Hospital Radio will host a 40th anniversary party at the Royal Hotel, in South Parade, on Friday.
The event will run from 7-11pm and there will be a fish and chip supper served.
Tickets, priced £15, include dinner and can be booked at www.eventbrite.co.uk
The radio has raised thousands of pounds to cover the cost of revamping its studio.
The dedicated hospital radio takes requests from patients and aims to cheer up those being treated by playing a variety of their chosen tunes.
– On the topic of music, why not listen to some music over at Loves Café in West Street on Friday night? Folk duo Kathryn Roberts and Sean Lakeman will get your toes tapping to get you in the mood for the weekend.
Doors open at 7.30pm and tickets, priced £12, can be booked at www.lovesweston.co.uk
– Put your brain to the test with a quiz and buffet for the Birnbeck Regeneration Trust on Saturday.
The Weston Working Men’s Club, in Orchard Street, will kick of proceedings at 7pm so get your team and head on down.
Tickets, priced £10, are available on 07597 807008 or fundraising@birnbeck regenerariontrust.org.uk
– Watch the unlikely companionship of Queen Victoria and Abdul in the award-winning story starring Judi Dench and Ali Fazal.
Victoria And Abdul will be screened at St Martin’s Church, in Worle’s Church Road, on Saturday at 5.15pm.