Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
- Credit: Submitted
The sound of music will fill Weston this weekend with some magnificent performers taking to the town’s stages stage.
After eight weeks of classical summer music, the Proms will draw to a close and people will be able to celebrate at a Weston church.
– Pick up a bargain at an autumn fair which will raise money for the Birnbeck Regeneration Trust.
It will take place on Saturday in the Boulevard United Reformed Church, in Waterloo Street, from 10am-3pm.
You can stay as long as you like with lunches being served up to sate any post or pre-shopping hunger. Call Rose on 07597 807008 for details.
– A Last Night At The Proms concert will begin at noon on Saturday.
The event will mark the end of the eight-week summer season of daily orchestral classical music concerts.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 4 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
Head over to All Saints Church, in All Saints Road to watch.
Tickets, priced £8, include a glass of wine and lunch.
– A community festival complete with music, a children’s disco, a puppet show and games will provide fun for the whole family on Saturday.
Head over to the Worle Baptist Church, in Rawlins Avenue, and Castlemead Shopping Centre, in Townshend Road, for an afternoon of merriment from 2-5pm.
– End your Saturday on a high with a harvest barn dance in Kewstoke Village Hall.
Get those cowboy boots on and pick up your tartan shirt for this event.
Feast on a delicious hog roast and dance into the night, starting at 7pm.
Entry, priced £6-12, includes a hog roast and tickets are available from Colin on 01934 625849.
– The Band of HM Royal Marines will perform at The Playhouse, in High Street, for the RNLI.
The show will be on Sunday at 2.30pm, and tickets, priced £25, are available from 01934 645544 or www.theplayhouse.co.uk