Five things to do in Weston this weekend
PUBLISHED: 10:00 19 August 2016 | UPDATED: 11:04 19 August 2016
The Weston-super-Mare Beach Lawns will be over-run by Vikings this weekend as part of the Weston Museum's History Weekend.
Here are the top events in Weston and the surrounding area this weekend, and a full round-up is in this week’s Mercury..
* A variety of classic cars will be on show in Grove Park this weekend. The cars will be on display at 10.30am on Sunday.
The WorleWind Band will also be performing at the show from 2.30-4.30pm.
* The RSPCA Weston dog show and fete will be held on the Weston’s Beach Lawns on Sunday. There are a number of dog classes as well as stalls and a tombola. The show will run from 11am-4pm on Sunday for all you dog-lovers out there.
* Viking warriors will be taking over Weston’s Beach Lawns for two days as part of Weston Museum’s History Weekend.
The event will be taking place on Saturday and Sunday and is free to attend. The Vikings will be out from 10am-5pm. It promises to be a unique way to spend your summer weekend, with a variety of stalls, displays and a hands-on exhibition on offer for you to enjoy.
* A seven-year-old girl and her family are hosting an event in aid of the Little Princess Trust and Cancer Research UK. The event is being held at Club Tabu, in the Boulevard, from noon to 3pm on Sunday. There will be a variety of entertainment, stalls and games for the whole family to enjoy. The young girl, Amelia, will be cutting her hair to raise money for the charities.
* St Nicholas’ Church in Uphill is hosting a flower festival on Saturday and Sunday. Everyone is welcome down from 2-4pm to enjoy everything Uphill has to offer. Cream teas will also be served.