Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:00 08 June 2018
A wide range of activities are on offer across Weston this weekend.
A cricket match, a popular film and a theatre fundraiser are just some of the things you can enjoy.
– One of the most commercially successful film franchises of all time is returning to screens.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom will play at the Odeon and Cineworld cinemas.
The fifth instalment in the Jurassic Park series, and second film in a three-part reboot, is set four years after the park was destroyed by the dinosaurs.
Owen Grady and Claire Dearing – played by Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard respectively – return to the island of Isla Nublar and mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs.
Tickets, priced £4.75, can be purchased at www.odeon.co.uk or on 01934 625282.
– Paintings inspired by Coney Island will be shown at the Old Town Quarry, in South Road, on Thursday at 8pm.
Tickets, priced £5, can be purchased on the door.
– Help a Weston theatre nurture the next generation of talent by attending a fundraiser.
The Blakehay Theatre, in Wadham Street, will hold a coffee morning on Saturday from 10am to noon.
The Oppitts will be performing some songs from its upcoming show Fame Junior and money raised will go towards theatre equipment for performers.
– Cricket season is well and truly alive now, so why not watch the town’s first XI in action on Saturday.
Weston Cricket Club will host Bishopston’s first team at its Devonshire Road ground at 12.30pm.
Weston are sitting top of the table after an unbeaten start to the season.
There is no entry free to the ground.
– Weston Pride will hold an evening with Fanny Burns at the Tropicana, in Marine Parade, on Saturday. The event will run from 8pm to 2am.
Tickets, priced £7-10, are available from www.wsmpride.com. www.theplayhouse.co.uk or from www.WestonHairStudio.co.uk