Five things to do in Weston this weekend: Ice rink to open for winter at Tropicana
- Credit: Archant
People looking for something to do this weekend will not suffer boredom, with a brilliant selection of events to enjoy.
With a huge variety of things to do in and around Weston this weekend, we have picked five of the best events for you to enjoy.
n Weston Operatic Society will present its new show Mack & Mabel at The Playhouse, in High Street, from tomorrow (Thursday) to Saturday.
The show is based on the tempestuous love story of Mack Sennett and Mabel Normand, two of Hollywood's brightest stars.
The comedy musical will feature Broadway tunes including I Won't Send Roses and I Wanna Make The World Laugh.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, priced £17-18, plus show details are available online at www.theplayhouse.co.uk
n Pop-up ice rink Iscescape returns to the Tropicana, in Marine Parade, this weekend for another two-month stint.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
The attraction has lured tens of thousands of people to the seafront in recent years, with skaters also enjoying plenty of festivities.
In addition to the ice rink, guests can also enjoy a wide range of festive treats while youngsters can visit Santa's grotto.
Tickets, priced £7.50-9.50, are available on the door, or at www.icescape-tropicana.co.uk
n As Halloween nears, youngsters can enjoy a day pumpkin picking at Puxton Park, in Cowslip Lane on Saturday and Sunday.
The park will be open from 10am-4pm, with families able to visit the tourist attraction's pumpkin patch and pick their own ones to take home and carve.
n One of Somerset's most popular food festivals returns on Saturday, with an enormous selection of tantalising treats sure to be served up.
Five streets and four indoor venues in Burnham will be transformed into bustling foodie showcases for eat:Burnham from 10am-4pm.
The festival routinely draws huge crowds of people eager to sample some delicious culinary creations.
n And finally, for people looking for some sport action to keep them entertained, Weston Rugby Club host Launceston on Saturday.
Kick off at The Recreation Ground, in Sunnyside Road, is at 2pm.
For a full list of events in the coming weeks, pick up the Weston Mercury.