Find five things to do in Weston this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There is plenty to do in and around Weston this weekend.
From skating, supporting local businesses to wildlife walks, people of all ages can find something exciting to do.
*Head to the Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, in Hutton Moor Road, where there will be a toe roller jam on Saturday from 5pm.
It does not matter whether you are the best skater there is or if you are a beginner, everyone is welcome.
Admission, priced £5.50 can be paid at the door and it is £1 to hire a pair of skates.
For more information, visit www.bit.ly/2NVbHI5*At the Sovereign Centre, in High Street, Weston Collective will be hosting their first well-being event in collaboration with Oxhouse Fitness Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The event, which runs on Saturday and Sunday from 8.30am, supports local businesses.
Plenty of workshops will be on during the weekend too.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/TheWsMCollective*The Criterion, in Upper Church Road, will host a Burns Night celebration on Saturday at 5pm.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
In tradition with the celebration, there will be haggis, neeps and tatties.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/thecriwsm*People can get their bikes marked this Sunday at the Sainsbury's, in Queensway, by officers from the Worle beat team.
It will take place between 9am-3pm.
*Professional wildlife conservationaist, Chris Sperring, will be holding the wildlife walk, in Worle, this Sunday.
The aim of the walk is to make the village an urban paradise as well as learn how to identify and record the wildlife you see along the way.
The first of six wildlife walks will begin at 10am, starting and ending at the Big Worle Hub, in Clovelly Road.
For a full listing of events taking place around Weston, purchase a copy of the Weston Mercury.