Five things to do this weekend - beach races and Icescape returns
PUBLISHED: 16:08 19 October 2018 | UPDATED: 16:08 19 October 2018
Weston will be revved up this weekend for one of its most spectacular events.
The sound of engines will reverberate around the town over the coming days as the beach race arrives, but there are several other activities available if you are not a petrolhead.
* Some recent nice weather means that it has not felt like winter is approaching – but there will be a chill in the air now.
Icescape, featuring a skating rink and lots of activities, will open at Weston’s Tropicana today (Friday).
The attraction will be open from 10am-10pm every day until January 6 – with the exception of Christmas Day because Santa has to do another job the night before.
* The HydroGarden Weston Beach Race roars back into town this week, starting today (Friday).
Amazing bike races on the sand will entertain the crowds and tickets remain on sale.
Make sure you do not miss out on the high-octane action, by visiting www.rhlactivities.com
* If you prefer something a little quieter on a Saturday morning, then Weston Mothers’ Union may have the answer.
An autumn fair will run from 10am-12.30pm on Saturday at Emmanuel Church, in Oxford Street.
* Brave charitable people will be raising money for the RNLI this weekend.
On Saturday night a sponsored firewalk will be held in Winscombe.
The hardy souls will be taking their shoes off at 5.30pm.
It costs £25 to take part and a minimum sponsorship of £50 is required. To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ever fancied yourself as an actor but never known how to go about it?
If so, on Saturday, the Fly High Theatre group may be right up your street.
It is hosting a free taster session for inclusive performing arts for children aged five to 10 from 10am and those aged 11 and above from noon at the community centre, in Lawrence Road.
Remember to upload your pictures at weston.iwitness24.co.uk