Flat fire breaks out under stairs

PUBLISHED: 18:15 23 January 2012

The fire was started when the chip pan was left unattended

The fire was started when the chip pan was left unattended

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a block of flats this afternoon (Mon) after a fire broke out under the stairs.

Two fire engines from Burnham attended the scene in Marconi Drive, Highbridge, shortly before 1.55pm.

A spokesman for Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue said it was a minor fire and it was out when they arrived.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists