New names added to Weston Air Festival line-up
- Credit: Plaster Communications
Five new additions to the Weston Air Festival line-up have been confirmed.
The Chinook, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Bremont Great War Display Team, Strikemaster and Team Raven have all been confirmed to take to the sky for the show.
The free-to-attend, two-day festival will see hundreds of thousands of visitors flock to Weston's seafront to witness an astounding line-up of aerial entertainment, as well as enjoy the Armed Forces village on the Beach Lawns.
Last year saw attendance records broken with 200,000 people enjoying the weekend events in glorious weather.
This year, the RAF Red Arrows have already been confirmed and now these four much-loved crafts are set to baffle crowds with tumbles, turns and loop-de-loops.
You may also want to watch:
The Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend will be held on June 22-23 on the Beach Lawns.
It will start in style with a parade from the Grand Pier getting underway at noon.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset