New names added to Weston Air Festival line-up
- Credit: Plaster Communications
Five new additions to the Weston Air Festival line-up have been confirmed.
The Chinook, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Bremont Great War Display Team, Strikemaster and Team Raven have all been confirmed to take to the sky for the show.
The free-to-attend, two-day festival will see hundreds of thousands of visitors flock to Weston's seafront to witness an astounding line-up of aerial entertainment, as well as enjoy the Armed Forces village on the Beach Lawns.
Last year saw attendance records broken with 200,000 people enjoying the weekend events in glorious weather.
This year, the RAF Red Arrows have already been confirmed and now these four much-loved crafts are set to baffle crowds with tumbles, turns and loop-de-loops.
You may also want to watch:
The Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend will be held on June 22-23 on the Beach Lawns.
It will start in style with a parade from the Grand Pier getting underway at noon.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 10 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up