Flood alert for Weston-super-Mare and surrounding areas
- Credit: Brian Urch
People are warned to take care after a flood warning was issued for Weston-super-Mare tomorrow (Wednesday).
The Environmental Agency has warned people to be wary in Weston, Uphill, Sand Bay, Kewstoke, Burnham-on-Sea and in Kingston Seymour as tides are expected to be higher than usual.
An agency spokesman said: “Moderately low pressure will cause sea levels to be higher than forecasted.
“As a result up-shore flooding may occur affecting coastal areas.”
People are being warned to take care tomorrow around 7.59am and 7.45pm when high water is due.
You may also want to watch:
There will be force four winds in the morning and force three winds in the evening from a southerly direction.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree