Flood alert for Weston-super-Mare and surrounding areas
- Credit: Brian Urch
People are warned to take care after a flood warning was issued for Weston-super-Mare tomorrow (Wednesday).
The Environmental Agency has warned people to be wary in Weston, Uphill, Sand Bay, Kewstoke, Burnham-on-Sea and in Kingston Seymour as tides are expected to be higher than usual.
An agency spokesman said: “Moderately low pressure will cause sea levels to be higher than forecasted.
“As a result up-shore flooding may occur affecting coastal areas.”
People are being warned to take care tomorrow around 7.59am and 7.45pm when high water is due.
You may also want to watch:
There will be force four winds in the morning and force three winds in the evening from a southerly direction.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'