Flood alert for Weston-super-Mare and surrounding areas
- Credit: Brian Urch
People are warned to take care after a flood warning was issued for Weston-super-Mare tomorrow (Wednesday).
The Environmental Agency has warned people to be wary in Weston, Uphill, Sand Bay, Kewstoke, Burnham-on-Sea and in Kingston Seymour as tides are expected to be higher than usual.
An agency spokesman said: “Moderately low pressure will cause sea levels to be higher than forecasted.
“As a result up-shore flooding may occur affecting coastal areas.”
People are being warned to take care tomorrow around 7.59am and 7.45pm when high water is due.
There will be force four winds in the morning and force three winds in the evening from a southerly direction.
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 5 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Charity farm commits to supporting people in need
- 10 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity