Floral feats fill church
A WALTON-in-Gordano church became a floral fantasia at its annual three day flower festival. St Paul s Church was filled with a dozen colourful displays all based on the theme of building the kingdom of heaven. Displays included one by Sally Lawrence on
A WALTON-in-Gordano church became a floral fantasia at its annual three day flower festival.
St Paul's Church was filled with a dozen colourful displays all based on the theme of 'building the kingdom of heaven.'
Displays included one by Sally Lawrence on the importance of caring for animals while talented Joan Read designed a floral Noah's Ark.
Scores of people visited the church over the weekend where as well as admiring the displays, enjoyed ploughman's lunches, cream teas and a service on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The festival raised £1,111 with £788 going to the Woodland Trust, £220 to the churchyard for its upkeep and £104 to Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Pic one: Sally Lawrence with her caring for pets display at Walton-in-Gordano flower festival.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare