PICTURES: Church holds flower festival and concert
- Credit: Archant
A parish church was full of colour at the weekend.
The doors to St Barnabas Church, in Claverham, were flung open for everybody to enjoy a two-day flower festival.
The congregation had worked hard to grow beautiful flowers and to decorate the church, in Jasmine Lane.
The church was open for people to browse on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
It was filled with music on Saturday night for a concert, before a service rounded off the weekend's activities on Sunday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The songs of praise event brought the curtain down on a busy weekend for parishoners.
The church holds a coffee morning on the first Saturday of each month, with the next event being on November 2, starting at 10.30am and running until noon.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic