PICTURES: Church holds flower festival and concert
- Credit: Archant
A parish church was full of colour at the weekend.
The doors to St Barnabas Church, in Claverham, were flung open for everybody to enjoy a two-day flower festival.
The congregation had worked hard to grow beautiful flowers and to decorate the church, in Jasmine Lane.
The church was open for people to browse on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
It was filled with music on Saturday night for a concert, before a service rounded off the weekend's activities on Sunday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The songs of praise event brought the curtain down on a busy weekend for parishoners.
The church holds a coffee morning on the first Saturday of each month, with the next event being on November 2, starting at 10.30am and running until noon.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 8 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 9 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset