PICTURES: Church holds flower festival and concert
- Credit: Archant
A parish church was full of colour at the weekend.
The doors to St Barnabas Church, in Claverham, were flung open for everybody to enjoy a two-day flower festival.
The congregation had worked hard to grow beautiful flowers and to decorate the church, in Jasmine Lane.
The church was open for people to browse on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
It was filled with music on Saturday night for a concert, before a service rounded off the weekend's activities on Sunday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The songs of praise event brought the curtain down on a busy weekend for parishoners.
The church holds a coffee morning on the first Saturday of each month, with the next event being on November 2, starting at 10.30am and running until noon.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 New principal appointed at academy
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 10 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year