PICTURES: Church holds flower festival and concert
- Credit: Archant
A parish church was full of colour at the weekend.
The doors to St Barnabas Church, in Claverham, were flung open for everybody to enjoy a two-day flower festival.
The congregation had worked hard to grow beautiful flowers and to decorate the church, in Jasmine Lane.
The church was open for people to browse on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
It was filled with music on Saturday night for a concert, before a service rounded off the weekend's activities on Sunday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The songs of praise event brought the curtain down on a busy weekend for parishioners.
The church holds a coffee morning on the first Saturday of each month, with the next event being on November 2, starting at 10.30am and running until noon.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset