Opening date announced for new supermarket
- Credit: Food Warehouse
A national retailer will open a new store at a shopping district next week.
The Food Warehouse will open its shop at Worle's Queensway District Centre on Tuesday at 6am.
It will be the first store to open in the shopping area with the other two - Aldi and Home Bargains - set to open later in the year, on September 16 and 18 respectively.
Royal London Asset Management, freehold owner of part of the site, commenced construction on a £4million investment project on the former Homebase unit in February.
Planning consent was secured last August to substantially refurbish and subdivide the former Homebase unit, with Argos remaining in the existing unit.
External alterations, alterations to the layout of the car park and service yard, an installation of a mezzanine floor, a new service road alongside the closure of existing service road entrance form part of the plans.
This initiative also includes highways works which will improve accessibility to the shopping area.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake