Opening date announced for new supermarket
- Credit: Food Warehouse
A national retailer will open a new store at a shopping district next week.
The Food Warehouse will open its shop at Worle's Queensway District Centre on Tuesday at 6am.
It will be the first store to open in the shopping area with the other two - Aldi and Home Bargains - set to open later in the year, on September 16 and 18 respectively.
Royal London Asset Management, freehold owner of part of the site, commenced construction on a £4million investment project on the former Homebase unit in February.
Planning consent was secured last August to substantially refurbish and subdivide the former Homebase unit, with Argos remaining in the existing unit.
External alterations, alterations to the layout of the car park and service yard, an installation of a mezzanine floor, a new service road alongside the closure of existing service road entrance form part of the plans.
This initiative also includes highways works which will improve accessibility to the shopping area.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston