Food WorksSW open days running this week
- Credit: Archant
A food and drink innovation centre is hosting open days this week.
The Food WorksSW will open from Tuesday to Thursday and food and drink entrepreneurs and established businesses are welcome to book hour-long tours of the facility.
Commissioned by North Somerset Council, and funded by the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership through the Local Growth Fund, further innovations at the centre include a development Bakery opening in late 2020 and a dairy piloting aacility, due to open next year.
David Nute, Food WorksSW’s senior technical and site manager, said: “Our state-of-the-art product development kitchens, business units and conferencing facilities are generating interest from local, regional and even national names in food and drink.
“With social distancing and PPE measures in place, we are keen to welcome individuals and groups of up to four people from all types of food and drink companies to explore our extensive site, from its impressive networking and hot-desk spaces to our development kitchens, lounge seating areas and flexible conference facilities.”
You may also want to watch:
To book a one-hour slot, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01934 31538.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'