Former Weston journalist writes memoir with acclaimed author
- Credit: Archant
A former Weston journalist has collaborated with a critically-acclaimed American author to tell her story through an inspiring memoir.
Vicki FitzGerald, aged 38, worked as a reporter before turning her hand to writing thrillers.
Vicki, whose first thriller, Briguella was set in Weston, met award-winning author Mathew Crisci at a writer’s event where he convinced her to share her life story.
Still Standing follows Vicki’s childhood and adulthood, and poignant moments of marriage, divorce, grief, depression, betrayal, violence, suicide, and a near-fatal collision.
She said: “Mathew convinced me that my story could inspire others at rock bottom. I was reluctant to share my darkest moments as mental illness isn’t openly talked about.
You may also want to watch:
“After the loss of TV presenter, Caroline Flack, who was also struggling personally and ended her life, I felt that sharing emotions are important.
“If I can help inspire just one person to hold their head above water, then I’ll feel accomplished.”
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 5 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 6 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match